We met with Dr. Hassan, the GI specialist, yesterday. At the appointment, Henry weighed 7 lbs 9 ozs. But he shrunk on length and head circumference...measurement error of course. I brought in four stool samples, which were checked for microscopic blood. The tests came back negative. So Dr. Hassan said that we could try the Similac 24 cal. He'll see Henry in two weeks.
In the waiting room at the Wilmot Clinic, we ran into Joseph and his parents. Joseph had approximately the same due date as Henry but was born two weeks later at 2 lbs 10 ozs. Quite a difference that two weeks can make. Joseph left the NICU about a month before Henry. He now weighs about 4 lbs more than Henry does. His parents were excited, because Joseph just got off of oxygen on Tuesday as well. So Tuesday was a good day for many babies!
I called Dr. Tsai today to get the box of Similac 24 cal. Shelly at the NICU desk paged Dr. Tsai twice...no answer. I called again today, and apparently, Dr. Tsai is out of town for the next week. Ugh. I called Jill, the nutritionist, who works with Dr. Tsai, but she hasn't called me back. Very frustrating.
I took the 2:30AM to 5:45AM shift. I was very tired, but Henry wasn't. Guess he'd slept too much last night on Grandpa's chest.
Jeff and I took Henry for a walk with the dogs this morning. Morning is Henry's best time of day. He's especially happy and alert in the mornings...he doesn't get this from me or Jeff.
On our scale, Henry weighed 7 lbs 9 ozs this morning. No gain, but Jeff and I figured that it might take a few days for his body to adjust to not having the supplemental oxygen. He also hasn't eaten quite as much the past two days.
Henry is with Grandma now. She had him in his swing for a while, faced out toward the window. He likes looking outside. He also spent some time in his Pack 'N Play. He was enjoying his alone time.
No comments:
Post a Comment